Acknowledge & Answer The Call For Help
Red Star Cluster: (US) A distress call; literally refers to a hand held launched red pyrotechnic signal flare. In non combat situations, acknowledgement of a precarious situation or need for help.
With a clear but simple mission of helping and inspiring others, Michael Washington of Red Star Cluster is a dynamic Motivational Speaker who is known for making a memorable impact on his audience.
Michael's unique approach in sharing his personal story of struggle and triumph over PTSD is one that will have a lasting effect on the way you view and experience life.
It is our hope that if you see yourself in his story and recognize the signs of distress that you will take the first steps toward seeking help, healing and Post Traumatic Growth.
Several of Michael's speaking topics include:
Mental Health and Wellness
Post Traumatic Growth
Suicide Prevention and Education
Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)
Taking Off The Uniform - Your Life Beyond Service
Michael Washington is an engaging, knowledgeable and impactful Motivational Speaker. With his dynamic personality and innovative approach, each speaking engagement is tailored to the specific audience.
Mike's mission is to assist veterans and First Responders to identify, understand and react to the forces of stress as a means to combating the forces of PTSD and suicide.
Mike is a Seattle Firefighter with over 30 years of operational experience. In addition to his ordinary assignment as a firefighter, Mike is also a member of the Seattle Fire Departments Critical Incident Stress Management Team with over 20 years experience assisting his Brother and Sister Firefighters locally and around the country. Mike is a member of the Puget Sound Urban Search and Rescue Team and Seattle Fire Department's Wildland Response Team. Mike is also a fire service intelligence analyst for the Washington State Fusion Center. This service is an adjunct to his special assignment to the National Counter Terrorism Center in 2009.
Mike Washington is a retired Marine Corps Master Sergeant with 23 years of service (7 active, 16 reserve), with deployments to Desert Storm, Bosnia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Africa as well as numerous other real-world missions.
Mike is a member of Team Rubicon, a veteran’s disaster relief organization and has responded to over a dozen disasters domestically and internationally. Mike was honored as Team Rubicon Veteran of the Year 2013.
Mike was humbled to be selected by the Starbucks Coffee Company as an Upstander for 2017 and honored with a video written story by Rajiv Chandrasakeran and podcast narrated by actor Michael B. Jordan.
Mike was further honored and humbled by being named as the 2019 recipient of the HOOAH Award presented by The American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research and Citizenship.
Mike holds a Masters of Social Work Degree from the University of Southern California and a Masters of Strategic Intelligence Degree from American Military University.
In The News
Seize the Opportunity
- Fri, Oct 23The Retreat At Artesian Lakes
- Sat, Dec 0710123 78th Ave NW, Gig Harbor, WA 98332
- Fri, Nov 15Greater Tacoma Convention CenterNov 15, 2019, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMGreater Tacoma Convention Center, 1500 Commerce St, Tacoma, WA 98402, USAThe 13th Annual Tacoma Trauma Conference, a 1-day trauma conference for the Greater Tacoma and Western Washington medical and disaster response community. Participants include physicians, nurses, pre-hospital, EMS, military, and disaster preparedness providers.
- Thu, Nov 07The Conference Center at OCLCNov 07, 2019, 8:10 AM – Nov 08, 2019, 4:30 PMThe Conference Center at OCLC, 6600 Kilgour Pl, Dublin, OH 43017, USAHosted by the Franklin County Suicide Prevention Coalition, this conference will focus on dealing with stress, PTSD, Suicide and Post Traumatic Growth in the 1st Responder Community.
- Mon, Oct 21Mirabeau Park Hotel and Convention CenteOct 21, 2019, 8:00 AM – Oct 22, 2019, 4:00 PMMirabeau Park Hotel and Convention Cente, 1100 N Sullivan Rd, Spokane Valley, WA 99037, USAHard hitting and impactful conference series showcasing the top speakers in the field of Law Enforcement, Fire Service, EMS and Military mental health! Please register at https://1stresponderconferences.org/
- Mon, Oct 07Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA